Saturday 12 March 2011

Joanna Sheen DT cards!!!


Hiya Everyone!

The new Joanna Sheen "Tales of the Ocean" stamps



I made 6 samples and 5 are shown in this video. Mine are as follows:-

Blue puffin card with anchor charm
Message in a bottle card
Large brown card with crochet lace and "a shell can sing of the sea" in the corner
Green card with orange fish - individual words "You never know what the next tide may bring"
neutral card with 4 squares with shells, large starfish charm and "Happiness" quote

I did make an aqua dolphin card too but that wasn't shown for some reason - I'm not too sure why as there wasn't anything there similar to it. Ah well!

I shall list all the cards when I have the time but will start with the message in a bottle card.

The message in a bottle card consists of some basic aqua card, medium grade sandpaper, glossy accents, frost lace stickles glitterglue, sakura clear glaze pen (I'm loving this right now :D ) band the shell/starfish stamps.



I started off stamping out the starfish and shell stamp a couple of times each and I then coloured them in with my promarkers. I printed the sentiment out on ivory parchment paper then distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz tool. I then screwed it up and inked the edges (I think with brushed cordouroy) I mounted this onto beige card which I also inked and distressed. For the backing I mounted my aqua card onto some of the beige (distressed and inked as before) card. The aqua card I inked with tumbled glass distress ink. I then cut a square of sandpaper and cut out the appearance of a shoreline. After sticking this to the aqua card, I used lots of glossy accents all over the aqua card and over onto the sandpaper by about 5-10mm. After this dried I used frosted lace along the edge to give the appearance of the bubbles as the tide goes in and out. I then attached my sentiment, and added the starfish and shell images. The first images I attached with glue and the seond with a foam pad for a bit of height. I used my clear glaze pen on the tops of these images for some definition. The little bottle cost me about 30p from a craft shop that I've had for ages. I cut a small piece of the parchmentment and tied it up with a tiny offcut of raffia. I attached the bottle with mini glue dots. If I did it again I would try and straighten the card before attaching the bits onto it as the glossy accents warped the card a little but I was in a hurry and wasn't even sure it would turn out ok.


Thanks for looking!!!

Paula.x

2 comments:

  1. Looks fab Paula, bet you're proud as can be xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented Paula.Who was holding the camera lol,half the card was out of the screen most of the time.

    ReplyDelete